At SummitCare we strive everyday for business excellence and we are very proud to have been awarded Gold for Business Excellence in 2014, 2012 and Silver in 2009. "SummitCare is the first aged care organisation to have achieved such awards", Cynthia Payne, CEO says,"Our people our our greatest asset, these awards are a testament to each and every team member." The Australian Organisation Excellence Foundation (AOEF) Framework is an integrated leadership and management system that describes the elements essential to organisations sustaining high levels of performance.
About the Organisation and the Award Criteria
The Australian Organisation Excellence Foundation (AOEF) was registered in September 2013. The foundation has continued the work that SIA Global began several years ago. Its vision is to be recognised as making a substantial contribution to Australia’s productivity and competitiveness through the promotion and recognition of organisational excellence.
To achieve this the foundations is:
- Managing the Australian Organisational Excellence Awards as the premier organisational Award programme in Australia.
- Using the Australian Business Excellence Framework and other globally recognised Excellence models and evaluation processes to determine Award winners.
- Promoting knowledge-sharing and best practices to improve organisational productivity.
- Providing a vehicle to bring together many of the like-thinking organisations and approaches so as to gain leverage for the common goal of accelerating Australia’s rate of productivity growth
- Providing a forum for continued research and development to ensure that organisational excellence, productivity and associated concepts provide answers to economic challenges.
The framework can be used to assess and improve any aspect of an organisation, including leadership, strategy and planning, people, information and knowledge, safety, service delivery, product quality and bottom-line results. The AOEF provides organisations with assurance of their sustainable performance and is Australia’s preferred framework for leadership and governance.
Previously the Australian Business Excellence Framework (ABEF ) the mission remain the same to bring about powerful changes in organisational performance and culture. Organisations using the framework are able to develop business resilience and an integrated focus on sustainable performance.
The framework is based on specific principles that form the basis of a unified theory of management, and can be used to improve any part of your organisation and to deliver the following benefits:
- Effective prioritisation of your improvement efforts to deliver maximum benefits
- Process efficiency and effectiveness through reduced waste and variation
- Empowered and motivated workforce with increased retention
- Increased productivity and reduced operational costs
- Focus on customer service delivering superior perception of value
- Sustainable performance by increasing stakeholder value
Additionally, the framework provides an umbrella under which a number of business initiatives can be integrated to form one coherent, cohesive organisational systems model. Business initiatives that fit comfortably within the framework include: ISO 9001 series, Lean Six Sigma, Balanced Scorecard, Risk Management, Safety Management.
This australian model is recognised internationally across a diverse range of industries through the exclusive Global Excellence Models Council. Participation in the Council ensures that the framework reflects leading international best practice approaches to leadership drawing from other leading international models such as the EFQM Excellence Model (Europe), Baldrige Performance Excellence Criteria (US) and the Singapore Quality Criteria.