Do you know people who often say they would like to drink more water, but they don’t like the taste? Are you one of them?....Well, fear not!
With all the warm weather we have been having, I'm sure you’ll be craving a cool drink regularly – so we have collected some great ways to add some pizzazz to your plain H2O.
Remember, our bodies cannot store water so we need to drink up every day. Even if you don’t feel thirsty, dehydration can occur… so make sure you keep sipping throughout the day.
Enjoy these tips that will make your vital water extra delicious!
- Add a squeeze of lemon or lime. This is a classic, but may be all you need to add a fresh kick to your water that you will love.
- Freeze fruit or herbs in ice cubes. Pop a blueberry, strawberry, mint leaf or whatever takes your fancy into an ice cube tray, top with water and freeze. Now you have some zingy ice cubes to elevate your tap water to a new level!
- Love your lavender? If lavender is a taste you adore, rinse some fresh lavender and add it to your water jar. Pop in some blueberries and fill the jar with water. After 20 minutes, your H2O will be fragrant and tasty.
- Minty, melon freshness. Try cubed watermelon placed in your water jug, topped up with fresh water and then topped with mint. You can also replace the watermelon with mango if you prefer a mangoey flavour.
- Cool as a cucumber. Some people enjoy nothing more than sliced cucumber in their water jug, which is then filled with water. It’s a really refreshing way to hydrate – but for extra wow, try adding some pineapple, strawberries or mint as well.
- Prefer citrus? Try crushing some raspberries and adding them, with some orange slices, to your jug before topping with water. Lovely and refreshing in summer!
- Swap out your tea. Many people will not stop drinking hot fluids simply because the weather is warm. So to ensure you are drinking more water, but still enjoying a warm beverage, simply sip a cup of hot water instead of a tea or coffee. Just boil your jug, leave the water to cool for a while and enjoy as you would a cup of tea. Surprisingly effective!
For more information on how to stay cool during the hot weather feel free to give our advistory team a call on 1300 68 55 48 or email email@example.com
You deserve the best in-home support, residential aged care, palliative care and respite services. Choose SummitCare for award-winning support delivered with our special focus on warmth, worth and wellbeing.