How can SummitCare assist?
Our team can provide a range of services, including:
- Implementing proven strategies to assist with day-to-day frustrations
- Emotional support
- Consistency of support staff
- Support for the family
- General cleaning around the home
- Medication management
- Meal preparation and shopping for ingredients
- Spending time listening
- Personal grooming and showering
- Providing respite for carers.
The facts on dementia
According to Alzheimer’s Australia, there are more than 320,000 people in Australia with dementia and this number is expected to rise to almost 900,000 by 2050. The organisation stresses that those with dementia should be valued, supported and respected.
SummitCare believes in the worth of every individual and is working hard to ensure the services it delivers promote wellbeing for people with dementia.
The practical help we offer through SummitCare HomeCare is focused on dignity for everyone, and helping family members and other carers cope. This support can make an enormous difference to quality of life.
For more information, please contact SummitCare HomeCare on 1300 68 55 48 or the National Dementia Helpline on 1800 100 500.