Karen's experience includes nutritional management of conditions such as Malnutrition, Diabetes, Stroke, Bowel disease and Enteral feeding, but she also offers advice on general lifestyle nutritional care. Maintaining a balanced diet is vital for optimal health and total wellbeing. Our bodies require energy, protein, essential fats, vitamins and minerals to live, grow and function properly - food can provide this.
" I enjoy working with the teams at the SummitCare centres, the residents and their families. Making a difference that can improve the customers quality of life is a passion of mine and working in the aged care environment is a very rewarding experience." - Karen Humphreys
Karen's services include:
- Weight reviews and recommendations for people requiring nutrition intervention
- Clinical Nutrition Assessments
- Menu coding for easy identification of nutritional value of meals.
- Menu Assessment and Reviews.
- Audits on food service
- Education sessions for staff on aspects of “Nutrition in Aged Care”
- Nutritional care in the home
Click here to view Karen's recipes.